Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Adrieanna R.



Park Forest Library
3421 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75234

On my poster I decided to show one of the most simple things that we use to represent peace, a peace sign. It shows how simply you can show people how much peace matters through a simple symbol that is becoming very popular today with young teens everywhere. Our generation is very involved with things like promoting peace and going green, that it is becoming a trend. Everything on my board, including the board itself, is 100% recycled. I used an old poster board, various parts of a bottle, reused paper, and balloons. While doing this project it showed me how much of a difference I can really make by just making a simple poster being shown in my community library. I hope that everyone that sees my poster takes away a very positive message and wants to promote peace just as much as I do. Everyone just needs to remember: Peace One Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment