Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Meztly S.


Walmart
Uptown Boulevard
Cedar Hill, TX 75104

"A Dove is peaceful as the word Peace is good.” I used bottle caps, paper, marbles, paint, glue, glitter, 1 bean, string, and buttons. I drew a dove holding a sign that says “ Peace is good”. So, it is flying everywhere so people can see the sign. I choose this image because doves are peaceful to world. That when people see the dove and the sign , they would see how peaceful both the dove and the words are. I loved this experience because there is too much violence in this world. So, I did this master peace to teach other people about peace. I learned what the symbol peace means and how nice/ good it is being peaceful. I would take away from this project the 3 bottle caps that I painted blue and hot glued them on the card board.

No comments:

Post a Comment