Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Magdalena G.



Wright's Family Food Center
1050 South Belt Line Road
Dallas, TX 75253

For my art I used board foam, paint, and copy paper. In my art I had a dove, the Earth, and a quote that had peace meaning. I chose the dove because it demonstrates peace and because for me this bird it’s a really pretty animal. I made the earth in a looking peace sign to show that there can still be peace in the world were we live. I picked that quote because it is saying that truth that we can do little bits of goods and that it doesn’t matter how little they are those little bits of goods can still help make Earth a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment