Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Carla S.



El Rio Grande Supermercados
5308 Maple Avenue
Dallas, TX, 75219

I want my blog post to say that peace is what can cause a change a good change in the future. In my art I put a dove on top of the word peace and the word peace created water. Then the sun was a hand and the fingers where the sun rays. I wrote the word violence and put a big x through it. In one corner I drew two holding hands from two different places. I also put a garden, around the heart I used beans to outline it, and I also put a peace sign in another corner. I used beans, artificial flowers, and yarn. The image I created was that everything is supposed to be calm like the flow of water and being in a garden. I chose this image because I want everyone to know that no matter what happens you should take things or situations calmly. The impact or influence I think I could make with my art is that people with issues can see my art and maybe they can make different choices from then on. I found this experience when I fought with my sister I then thought it wasn’t worth it and I changed how I take things. I learn that nothing is about violence we should all correct things calmly and peacefully. I would not take anything from my art. I will just leave how it is. I’m going to let it be what it wants to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment