Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Angelica H.



Dallas Public Library
1125 South Buckner Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75217

For this project I used recycled construction paper and markers. I created the earth with two people shaking their hands after they made peace. I chose this image because it showed that if one person could once again reunite, anybody in the world would also be able too. I think that this would impact people because it may make them think once again if they are doing the right thing or making the right decisions. I found this experience because I once had to go through this but I learned to make right decisions by listening to my heart and what example I would be putting to my little brothers and sisters. I learned that there is nothing you can't do when you are with someone you trust. What I would most remember about this project would be the hard work I put in to it to make people change their minds about war and start thinking about peace, which is what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment