Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rosa M.



Eagle National Steel
540 Skyline drive‎
Hutchins, TX

I think the blog should talk about peace. Explain why we are doing this and our comments like how do we feel about it. I used some tissue paper I found at home. I used an old piece of cardboard and painted it brown for the trunk of the tree. I used heart shaped soap and put it in the middle of the tree. I also added a sunlight rays that are shining on the tree and a dove above the tree. I added a ribbon at the bottom that said PEACE. Chose this because I thought it represented a lot of peace. I loved this project. I won’t take anything away from it. I think it is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment