Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Karen A.



Preston Royal Library
5626 Royal Lane
Dallas, TX 75229

My art symbolizes peace by saying that the world is in our hands and that people of all different colors should come together as one and make a difference. We hold hands and hold the world in our hearts to say PEACE. The materials I used for my painting is a canvas, paint, sharpie, neon beads to spell peace, yellow fabric for the corners of the canvas, and green buttons for the land on the world. I created an image of an African American hand and a Caucasian hand holding the world. I drew these peoples hands because back then in the U.S African Americans were discriminated because of their color by whites but now most people have come together like in my painting. I also put the words “peace” and “If we come together as one we can make a difference” to show how I felt about peace. I loved doing this project because I learned that we need peace among us people in the world and need to step up to make a change.

I chose this image because every time I think of peace of think of two people hold hands and holding the world. Every time I think of peace I think of people coming together as one. That is why I picked this image of peace. I think that with my image many people and children will understand that if we want to survive, have a nice life, no wars, peace, and happiness we have to come together. We have to make a change in our world and lives. We have to understand that if wars, debts, crises, and fighting keeps going on our world it is not going to get better. It is going to get worse. By my painting being at a public library children and adults are going to realize that if a 6th grader can make peace than so can they.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete