Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Karla G.



It's A Grind
2901 Indiana Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75226

In my artwork I used recycled paper, christmas wrapping paper, cotton, beads, popsicle sticks, etc. My image shows a heart with a peace sign in the middle. Inside the peace sign is the earth will people of different colored beads to show that we are all different but unite as one in peace. The dove shows that peace surrounds the world. I chose to do this image so that everybody could understand what I am trying to communicate. I learned that with Love comes Peace, and with Peace, comes Hope for us all! :D

Thank You for helping me express my feelings through art! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment