Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Yasmin R.


Pleasant Grove Dallas Library
1125 South Buckner Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75217

For my project I looked around my house for some things I could use for my poster. I found many things I had used before on other things and I am glad I didn't throw it away and instead recycle for this one. I learned that people may need reminders that in order to move on we need peace and less violence in the world. I chose to use rainbow colors to attract attention to viewers and I chose the dove because it is a sign of peace. I will forever be in peace and try to spread the love to the whole world in any possible way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment