Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Valerie M.



Shell Gas Station
3303 Illinois Ave.
Dallas, TX 75211

The Materials I used for my art piece were buttons, cardboard, and Scrapbooking Paper. I used the quote, “Live, Laugh, Love” which represents to live your life to the fullest, and to laugh through whatever happens, need it be through a rough day at work or even a tough day at school, and last but not least Love, which means love yourself, your family, your friends, or even the person who brought you great joy today. The influence or impact that I think my art will bring to someone is maybe if they are having one of those days where everything is going wrong, they can just stop and laugh and think about what they did and how my art has brought them happiness instead of anger or frustration. I found this experience very fun, and it brought me great knowledge of how my art can make a heavy impact on someone else’s life or even just their day. I will take away the joy of knowing that I made someone happy by showing them to think on the positive side instead of the negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment