Day by day, the choices we make are influenced by graphic images that bombard us, from tv and internet

to billboards and movie posters. We have been programmed to react in certain ways to certain images.

Most prevalent of all, are images of violence.

With Today Marks the Beginning, the young ladies

of Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School step out into the community

to give a new spin on INFLUENCE in a positive way.



Map of Influence

Click on the pins to find out where these pieces of art are located. Zoom in and zoom out using + and -.
View INFLUENCE in a larger map

MasterPEACE

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sonia M.


Apartments “Spanish Inn”
1809 Hickory St.
Dallas, TX 75215

I used lots of materials for my peace work. Some of the things I used was paper, cotton, and tissue paper. My image was a tree with the top as a peace sign and a colorful bird. The bird was a symbol to show happiness. I wrote “peace out” on the bottom and top of the tree and then to the side I wrote “Let the peace be out.” I wrote this because we have to let our peace out and many people don’t realize that we need more peace in the world. I think that this experience was fun and also a good opportunity to show that we need more peace in the world. Doing this project I learned many things. One of the things I learned was that we could make a difference in the world just by showing peace. I hope that this project will motivate a lot of people to make the world friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment